Subject: Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menu system

Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menu system

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:08:39 +1000

On 23/08/06, Tomas Salfischberger <tomas_at_rockbox.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> > My idea in a nutshell is have a text file (xml, or whatever) which is
> > converted to const arrays of some stuct (this detail needs to be
> > worked out) during the compilation by perl or whatever.
> > using the example above that item might look like this in the xml file
> The idea sounds great, but I have to agree with Linus, and not go for
> the XML file.
>
> Tomas

I think I forgot to mention the reason for the text/xml file was so
that the entire menu structure could be done in the one file. e.g
<menu>
   <general settings>
       <display>....(all the display options and sub menus)...</display>
       <... (all the rest of generel settings) ... >
   </general settings>
   <next menu> .... </next menu>
</menu>

Now, if that could be done by preproccessor magic then that would be
great... but I cant tihnk how to do it simply..?