Subject: Re: Option rework (was: Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menu system)

Re: Option rework (was: Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menu system)

From: Jonas H <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:43:07 +0200

Steve Bavin wrote:
> I strongly disagree with this idea. One man's esoteric is another man's
> essential.

Of course, but if we were to eventually decide to move some options out
of the main menu, it'd more or less be a matter of majority-rule. I
don't disagree with Steve's statement - it's almost my point. For almost
every option, there are those who consider it essential, and those that
consider it useless.

The challenge is of course to identify which options are useless for
most, and only essential for a small group to make the remaining setting
relevant to as man people as possible. Of course it should also be taken
into considerations which options are used often, and which are used rarely.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk