Subject: Re: Option rework (was: Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menu system)

Re: Option rework (was: Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menu system)

From: Peter D'Hoye <peter.dhoye_at_telenet.be>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:55:54 +0200

> I like the firefox about:config setting screen as well and I think
> rockbox would benefit from something similer.

... and I don't like it at all.
I hate to have to search different places for the option I want.
IMHO this is even worse than having simple/advanced settings.

Can't we just sort them so the most used options are on top?
Or if we really need to split them, have a submenu called 'More'
that contains the lesser used? I know tha latter sounds a bit like
simple/advanced system, the difference is that the 'More' settings
are a submenu for each page (if there are more settings of course).

Peter