Subject: [Feature Request] Conditional remote background images for iRiver UISim builds.

[Feature Request] Conditional remote background images for iRiver UISim builds.

From: Davide Gentile <davidegentile_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:22:31 -0400

Hello Rockbox Developers,

This is my first post to this mailing list. If this email is inappropriate
please let me know.

Note: This suggestion is dependant on having the remote buttons working in
the UI Simulator.

The iRiver H1xx and H3xx targets share the same remote connector. There are
three remotes available that have this connector, the H100, the H300 and the
non-LCD remote. The H100 and H300 have the same LCD, and I can confirm the
on an iRiver H140 both the H100 and H300 remotes work very well.

In the UISim, when using the --background switch, only the H100 remote is
displayed.

What I am suggesting is that by using a keyboard press a user be able to
toggle through the various available remotes and that the background bitmap
be swapped out for a bitmap of the correct remote. See this GIF:
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/?getfile=12225

Rockbox would be aware of what remote was "plugged in" and the remote button
mappings would change accordingly. I believe this is only an issue for the
iRiver H1xx and H3xx targets. As far as I know no other targets have a
multitude of remotes.

I have created the flyspray feature request here:
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5875

Thanks, Davide-NYC