Subject: Re: Option rework (was: Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menusystem)

Re: Option rework (was: Re: my next crazy idea... rework the menusystem)

From: Pieter Bos <bos.pieter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:06:49 +0200

Wouldn't it be an idea to add an extra option to enable or disable the
advanced/simple menu system, so people can just choose if they want all
their options or part of their options hidden/in an extra menu. If you now
default to the advanced/simple screen and keep the 'keep all options in one
menu' option in the advanced screen, both kind of users should be happy!

Of course, that does add yet another option.

I really dislike the configuration file instead of options. Makes things
complicated and definately not easy to use. You'd have to find out how to
edit which config file to change options, instead of just entering a menu
and changing the option. Plus, the editor will have to be made accessible to
blind people as well - while the current system already is. After all, we
already have a configuration editor - the current option menu system is in
fact just that!

And while the most recently used options is perhaps a bit annoying, allowing
an 'my options' menu in which you can manually put options you frequently
use might be an idea?

Pieter