Subject: Re: menu/settings merging take 2!

Re: menu/settings merging take 2!

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:46:48 +1000

OK,
well i only have the eq and crossfade settings to go and both config
block tables are converted.. which means i'm now in the need of a
small army to help finish the patch.

What is needed is for the menus to be built up from the settings (not
really hard, but lots of work), and then the really fun part can
start... makeing sure everything works and is translatable and works.

So, attached is my latest diff which apart from lacking menus is
almost complete.
The things that are missing is dynamic menus (they shouldnt be
difficult to add.. but my first attempt on friday failed miserably),
saving the iriver eeprom (should be no more than a #ifdef and some
function calling) and I tihnk that is all..

Some of the problems I have found converting the settings is that the
value saved by code and what is shown in the menu doesnt correlate
well, also, the LANG string for some settings are not ideal for this,
so they will need to be fixed. and lastly, the set_int() widget needs
a bit of rework to accomodate these settings.

So does anyone want to volanteer to help out? I'll make a wiki page
with progress if anyone does.

Last thing, I just did a file size check on the h300 comparing to cvs
and I am 14kb smaller which is really good because I dont tihnk the
menus will use up all that room.