Subject: Re: Flyspray severity setting

Re: Flyspray severity setting

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:39:10 +0200

On 9/18/06, RaeNye <raenye_at_netvision.net.il> wrote:
> Dominik said:
> > If someone starts working on a specific request, the severity could be
> increased, making it easier to find them.
>
> Shouldn't you assign it to yourself instead/as well?

good point, missed that ;-)

> The important thing IMHO is to connect them via 'related tasks'.
> Then we could have a script that finds closed patches related to open
> feature reqs

I just looked a bit deeper into that, agreed. It only needs the person
who closes a task to give a bit attention to the "related tasks" field
(which I didn't do up to now -- IMO this field is a bit too hidden).
Maybe FS could display the number of related tasks in the overview at
the top? Or, even better, the task IDs?

> > If someone starts working on a feature request, that request could be
> modified to a patch and its severity set accordingly. That would keep patch
> and request together.
>
> But what happens when you only partially implement the req? same point is
> relevant for closing the feature request...

Close the remaining request and open a new one yourself, indicating
that this was part of a different request possibly?
Using two tasks for request and patch and connecting them is also an
option, but I'm a bit unsure which is better.

 - Dominik