Subject: Re: Tetrox renamed to Rockblox, for trademark reasons

Re: Tetrox renamed to Rockblox, for trademark reasons

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:47:47 +0100 (BST)

Michael Sevakis said:
> I wasn't speaking of the World Wrestling Federation :) but re: Rockbox.
> As I understand the same names can be used if not to indicate the same
> thing, at least in the US. Dumb example: Foo Meat Packing, Inc. and Foo
> Manufacturing, Inc. aren't nescessarily in conflict.

Apple and Apple are prime examples of how this works in the real world.
Apple records sold records, and Apple corp made computers and software.

However in the modern global multimedia market, both are treading on each
other's toes quite a lot in terms of market areas, and they both seem to
continue without problem.
--
Mike Holden
http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted