Subject: Re: Question about V2 .lang file format

Re: Question about V2 .lang file format

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:25:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Andrew Hart wrote:

> I'm in the midst of writing a utility to build .voice files using the
> new V2 lang file format.

Uh, genlang -o was made just to let you use the old scripts without having to
do this!

> I've looked on the Rockbox site for info about the .lang file format and
> found the docs about updating language files which gives a description
> of the .lang file format.
> However, it does not explain the "user:" lines that appear in phrases.

There's some additional info to read in my original description of the plan:

http://daniel.haxx.se/rockbox/langv2

But to take it short, the 'user:' field is not used yet. It is meant to
describe if the phrase is for the core or for a (named) plugin.

> Oh, and while I'm at it, what encoding is used for the quoted strings in
> .lang files? Is it ASCII, UTF8, another flavour of Unicode or code-page
> dependent?

UTF8 I believe