Subject: Re: B#6056 comment by bluebrother: No text under pictures non displayed...

Re: B#6056 comment by bluebrother: No text under pictures non displayed...

From: Jonas H <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:22:43 +0200

I was going to write this in the bug report, but realized it would be a
horrible abuse of Flyspray, so I'm sending it here instead. You'll
probably need to check the Flyspray task to make any sense of this:
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/6056

Flyspray wrote:
> The following task has a new comment added:
>
> FS#6056 - No text under pictures non displayed...
> User who did this: - Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother)

> The tracker should _never_ be used to report "bugs" against inofficial
> builds unless the reporter states that this behaviour is also present
> in the official build (and he can reproduce it with a current cvs
> build!) in the first place.

Agreed, in principle. But it was (to me) fairly obvious that the
bugreport didn't have anything directly to do with album art (and a
quick check verified this). I don't think closing valid-looking tasks
immediately because they mention an unofficial build is the way to go.
Rather, the submitter should simply be asked to reproduce it with a
clean build, and if he can't (or doesn't respond), the task should of
course be closed.

Of course, bug reports that are clearly not about Rockbox features
("Album art is corrupted" and such) should be closed at once.

Some times it's not entirely clear whether it's the unofficial build
acting up, or Rockbox proper, and in those cases I find it wisest to
simply ask the submitter to do his homework and close the report if he
doesn't, rather than closing a potential valid report without asking
questions.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk