Subject: RE: how should the settings screen work?

RE: how should the settings screen work?

From: RaeNye <raenye_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:21:49 +0200

Alas, this behaviour is different from file browser, where obviously LEFT
goes back and RIGHT/SELECT "apply".
Why does it matter? Since several "Browse XXX..." settings (e.g., (r)wps,
fonts, lang, kbd, ...) actually use the browser.

As I see it, #4 is more intuitive and consistent.

===

A different suggestion, might be better on a different thread:
What about having a pop-up help screen displayed (e.g., after long SELECT)
with a textual description of the setting?
The text itself could come from the language file or from the manual;
There'll be an option not to display this (hence to save the memory) for
savvy users, but newbies could benefit from this 'online manual'