Subject: Re: how should the settings screen work?

Re: how should the settings screen work?

From: Martin aus Chemnitz <>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:49:31 +0200

Please make sure, you are all talking about the same thing. What does "cancel"
mean to you? From reading your comments, I got the impression some of you might
think of different things.

In my opinion, "cancel" means "exit this screen and behave the way as if I
never entered it".

But then, with that definition, #4 wouldn't make no sense (RaeNye pointed that
out already). If LEFT cancels and RIGHT applies and backs out, then there is
absolutely no need for "SELECT applies and stays" in the menu: All possible
combinations of keys (Select Left, Select Move Left, Select Right, Select Move
Right) yield the same result as if Select wasn't pressed at all.

Secondly, you should decide on what screen to show after having pressed LEFT.
That is inconsistent at the moment. In the Browser's context menu, it backs up
one level, in the WPS's context menu, it returns to the WPS.