Subject: Re: how should the settings screen work?

Re: how should the settings screen work?

From: Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 01:08:21 +0200

On 9/26/06, XavierGr <xaviergr_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Strangely though, I prefer the previous behaviour.
> LEFT/RIGHT Applies
> STOP cancels.
>
> Currently it is very annoying to see a splash message "Canceled" each time I
> press left on a setting menu. I expect that LEFT will apply my change
> because I just want to move back and leave the setting at the value I just
> changed.
>
> The thing that doesn't fit nicely on my head is that RIGHT will be the only
> option to accept changes. It will be like pushing RIGHT to get in a previous
> menu.
>
> So in the end I vore for #1, except if the "cancel splash screen" is
> removed.

Thats exactly my point. Canceling an option is an exception and is ok
on a far away button like stop (and with canceling I mean both the
meanings that float around here) but right to go _back_ and apply is
not nice.

On the other hand, there wasn't a big cry (if I think back to the
minor change of db in volume...) in the forums when this behavior was
changed, so in the end it doesn't matter much, as long as there is a
way to apply a setting with one button press of either LEFT or RIGHT,
but better would be both for me (so that I can use left again like I
used to).