Subject: gui_syncsplash unclear on dark backdrop; iriver H320

gui_syncsplash unclear on dark backdrop; iriver H320

From: Calum Mackay <>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:07:45 +0100

hi all, apols if this isn't the right place.

Since switching to a dark backdrop, on my iriver H320, I'm unable to
easily see messages put up by gui_syncsplash(), e.g. "Shutting down...",
since they appear as black text on a transparent background, which is
almost invisible against my dark backdrop.

I see this code in splash():

#if LCD_DEPTH > 1
         if(screen->depth>1) {
             prevbg = screen->get_background();
             prevfg = screen->get_foreground();

although the messages I see are actually black text with a transparent
background, and thus are black text on whatever the backdrop currently
is. So perhaps the above code is for the LCD remote (where the msgs are

Either way, is this perhaps a bug - in that splash() should use a fixed
background colour, not a transparent one which won't work with a dark
backdrop; or perhaps an RFE for a setting to control the colours used by

Thanks for any comments,

best regards,