Subject: Re: OT? Zune

Re: OT? Zune

From: Steve Moskovchenko <>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 13:36:36 -0400

That would certainly be cool.
It would certaily be interesting, but a full-blown (uc)Linux seems like
a better candidate. I have trouble seeing how to put a wifi stack into
rockbox... would that require a more sophisticated kernel, etc? What
about reverse-engineering it, if they don't use some common wifi chip?

Also, how fast is Zune compared to other RB targets? If not wifi, there
could be a rockbox port with some really impressive features.

Hey, maybe I can get full-quality realtime midi playback? :)