Subject: Re: bootloader hanging early on 80G G5.5 iPod - debugging attempt

Re: bootloader hanging early on 80G G5.5 iPod - debugging attempt

From: Paul Collins <paul_at_briny.ondioline.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 00:07:22 +1300

"Barry Wardell" <barry.wardell_at_gmail.com> writes:

> I remember having problems with sleep() hanging in the early days of the H10
> port. How about replacing sleep(1) with udelay(10000)?

That seems to have done something. Now I get

  Rockbox boot-loader
  Version: 20061011-2334
  IPOD version: 0xFFFFFFFF
  TOSHIBA MK8010GAH
(pause here for a few seconds)
  No partition found.
  Partition 1: 0x00 0MB

Then after another pause it spits an "Rockbox error" (too fast for me
to read it all - I can add a pause if this is important to know) and
says "Loading original firmware..." But instead the bootloader loads
again, and around it goes until I hard reset it.

I tried adding the extra partition and reformatting as 512bps, but I
just get the same as above.

--
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand