Subject: Suggestion: CVS Log RSS Feed

Suggestion: CVS Log RSS Feed

From: Nathan Stien <>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:49:15 -0600

I've been a lurker on this list for a while. I enjoy keeping up on Rockbox
and occasionally make my own private modifications to it. I like to read
the CVS log to see when I should recompile, but I find the cvs mailing list
to be incredibly spammy. Often there are six or more emails relating to a
single checkin, where there could be just one email for a given checkin
event that listed all changes.

What humbly I propose is that you guys host an RSS feed of the CVS log.

There's a nice script to do this at . It needs
an additional python module to do the RSS mojo:

It needs to get hooked into the CVS server, and needs to be able to dump the
.rss file on the web server. I could assist in this if people are

What does everyone think?

Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer
Embedded Systems Electronics and Software
Mobile: 309.241.2581