Subject: Re: Suggestion: CVS Log RSS Feed

Re: Suggestion: CVS Log RSS Feed

From: Nathan Stien <>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:53:10 -0600

On 11/10/06, Daniel Stenberg <> wrote:
> Isn't one of these good enough?

Thanks for pointing that out, Daniel: I was unaware of the gmane
archive of the cvs list. It still suffers from the spamminess problem
I talked about, though. I like the way presents the information (not so
painfully redundant), but I also like being notified asynchronously.

I do almost all of my regular web reading within an RSS reader because
I find it the most efficient way for me to track information. I'm
quite an addict these days. A lot of open source projects I'm
interested in export feeds of their cvs/svn activity as well as new
patches, bug reports, and that sort of stuff. Perhaps I suggested the
RSS feed for Rockbox out of a selfish desire to keep my personal
organization system consistent (and web 2.0 snazzy).

So, if nobody else but me wants an RSS feed, then it's obviously very
silly to mess with putting another script on the server. I am a mere
outsider/fanboy at this point, and I do not dream of coming in out of
nowhere and insisting on changes to your setup :-) It was just a
suggestion, and I will happily withdraw it if that is the will of the

- Nathan