Subject: Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:39:52 +0100

mat holton wrote:
> how many hi-fi's have negative numbers next to the volume knob?
> None, that's how many.

That's odd. Then maybe my hi-fi isn't a hi-fi, because it displays the
volume in dB. And I like it.

We could use any representation we want, and we opted for a
representation that actually means something, instead of an arbitrary
range. Most people tend to use the volume control interactively anyway,
you change the volume until it sounds right, regardless of what the
display says.

Linus