Subject: Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

Re: rockbox-recorder-20061122 - volume representation messed up

From: mat holton <>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:04:44 +0000

Michael DiFebbo wrote:
> mat holton wrote:
>> You see, this is the problem when you let audiophiles or programmers
>> design User Interfaces. You have to look at things from the
>> perspective of someone who is not a programmer or Mathematician or
>> Sound Engineer. Hard, I know, for some people to lower themselves to
>> such levels but the results can be very good.
> That's why we have a manual:
I don't know if I'm just being really argumentative today but I feel
that if you have to look at a manual in order to understand the volume
reading then something has gone wrong somewhere.

Anyway, please let's end it. Linux put forward a reasonable argument as
to a useful reason for the choice of the implementation of the dB scale,
and apparently there is an alternative (albeit, just a patch at the
moment) way of displaying volume on the WPS.

I'm sorry for being argumentative.