Subject: Re: Improved crt0-pp.S for PortalPlayer targets (iPod, H10 and Sansa)

Re: Improved crt0-pp.S for PortalPlayer targets (iPod, H10 and Sansa)

From: Daniel Ankers <dan-rockbox_at_weirdo.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:25:36 +0000

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 14:44, Barry Wardell wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been working with Daniel Ankers on getting a dual bootloader
> working on the Sansa (and also on the H10). In doing so, it was
> necessary to make some changes to crt0-pp.S (patch attached)
> I've tested on my own H10 and Sansa with great results - dual booting
> works now where it didn't before. However, I don't have an iPod to
> test on so I'm asking for people to help with testing it. Both
> bootloader and normal builds need testing and it would also be good to
> know if a new bootloader works with an old build of Rockbox and vice
> versa (this wasn't the case with my H10 but was with the Sansa). It
> needs to be tested to see if Rockbox loads OK and if playback, etc.
> still works as it did previously.
>
> Thanks,
> Barry

Barry,
If you're going to commit this, make sure that the 3G iPod gets special cased
to use the old version - the cache flush/invalidate code is different, and as
far as I am aware, nobody knows what it is.
(If anybody does stumble across the correct way to flush and invalidate cache
on the PP5002, let me know. It will help here and with using both
processors.)

Dan