Subject: Re: Improved crt0-pp.S for PortalPlayer targets (iPod, H10 and Sansa)

Re: Improved crt0-pp.S for PortalPlayer targets (iPod, H10 and Sansa)

From: Alex Fournelle <afournelle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:30:43 -0500

Hello there,

I certainly don't want to spam the list but I'll report whatever
little I could about my testing this patch. First however, I want to
thank you guys for making it all possible and getting into headaches I
can't begin to imagine, all on behalf of a bunch of fools like I.

Okay.

Iriver H10 MTP 5gb. Patched a basic, cvs tree with no other patch applied.

As expected, the patched bootloader wouldn't work with an unpatched
build, it hangs on the Rockbox / ver. 061206-.... screen. Needs a
reset.

With synced Bootloader and RB Build, however, it loads up fine.
- Dualboot works all right with the decrypted iRiver .mi4 file.
- The system isn't too stable though. I invariably get a "data abort
at 00035408" when I try to turn on the 'crossfeed' option. --
reproducing is easy : boot, start playing a song, get into WPS-context
menu (press right?), sound option, crossfeed, 'on'. -- I
doublechecked with a clean unpatched CVS and the error *doesn't*
happen.

Wish I had any idea what more I could tell that would help pinpointing
possible other problems. This is all great work you and Dan did,
thanks again.