Subject: Re: Rockbox 2.5.1 for Archos Machines Updated

Re: Rockbox 2.5.1 for Archos Machines Updated

From: Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 21:40:18 +1300

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 01:39:13 -0600, "Paul Louden" <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

>My point is that we have a specific place for Unsupported Builds.

I'm not aware of any specific place for unsupported builds. Looking on
the forum, they seem to be hosted all over the place.

>The whole point of the 2.5.1 was that it was supposed to offer the exact
>reliability of 2.5 with the small changes that 2.5 left out. <snip>

No, 2.5.1 was not _supposed_ to do anything. It's completely unofficial.
The wiki page makes that quite clear. That was a condition of the
official developers who kindly allowed me to use the wiki.

To repeat, there has been no input from the Rockbox developers on the
content of 2.5.1 whatsoever. There is no official endorsement at all for
this release.

Archos users are completely free to ignore this download as they please,
and owners of other machines will not be interested.

I hope this clears up any confusion.