Subject: Re: Ipod video 5.5 80GB

Re: Ipod video 5.5 80GB

From: Michael DiFebbo <>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 07:39:34 -0500

Gaetano Vocca wrote:
> Dear all,
> which are the main problems keeping rockbox from running in an ipod 80GB?
> This is to summarize the current development status
> Thanks in advance
> Gaetano

You can find a discussion of the 80GB iPod in our user
forums in this thread:

In that thread, GodEater described the current status as

"We (mostly myself, Amiconn, and Jeffb) have arrived at the
conclusion that the disc in the 80GB is ATA-7 compliant -
based on the information from the identify_info returned by
the ATA controller when it's queried. It's returning some
curious information that we're pondering currently :

"According to the information we're getting back - there are
more logical sectors on the disc than physical. We're not
sure if this is relevant or not.

"The information on multi-sector read/write support doesn't
comply with any version of the ATA standard that we're aware
of. Regardless of this - even trying single sector reads fails."