Subject: Re: "Now Playing" Menu Entry

Re: "Now Playing" Menu Entry

From: Alistair Marshall <running_amar_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:07:13 +0000

Well in that case what is it exactly that is wanted, originally the patch just
exited the menu quickly when play was pressed. it was suggested that it
should be the menu (or A-B in the case of irivers)

The patch ended up doing the exact same as the file tree:
        play goes to WPS (and starts playback if necessary
        stop stops playback
        menu (or A-B) toggles in or out of menu.

If you want it simple i am sure one of the original patches had that and it
could be updated to current code. Personally I like the idea that the buttons
should have the same effect anywhere in rockbox (and i would extend this to
the playlist and context menus too)

The annoying thing is that I originally wrote it to fix something that had
annoyed me since I started using rockbox (and remember being told at the
time 'if you don't like something, code it!' - so I did). Please pick the
button mappings that are actually wanted and a patch can be written and
committed

Alistair