Subject: Re: Request some icons

Re: Request some icons

From: Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 02:16:16 -0500

I guess it's pop quiz day :)

Expandable Item: Subitems of the expandable item expand into the space taken
by items below it. The context of the display doesn't change and the item
being expanded remains in place and it's subitems show on the same surface.
Item order is maintained from top to bottom in a single context of display.
See an expandable/collapseable file/directory tree.

Submenu: Submenu items are contained in a different context than the item
itself - either on a different screen or a different surface. Each contain
only it's own contents in it's context of display. See a menu bar.

Put another way, a submenu is a "place to go" whereas an
expandable(/collapseable) item is a "more to see here". Yes, they are both
in effect the same from a heirarchical perspective but not from a display
perspective.

Did I pass or do I have to go to summer school? :D