Subject: RE: installing patches

RE: installing patches

From: daniel dalton <daniel.dalton47_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:39:34 +1100

All information needed for building Rockbox is available in the
Rockbox wiki. Please read
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SimpleGuideToCompiling and
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WorkingWithPatches For
other helpful wiki pages just look at the "For developers" section in
the documentation index of the wiki.

Hi
Ok first what one of these do I need to download to get started?
I am just wanting to add patches to my build of rockbox.
List of 4 items
http://www.fsf.org/software/patch/patch.html
http://www.gnu.org/directory/diffutils.html
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm -
patch for Windows
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm -
diff for Windows
list end

Does anyone know which one I should use? I am using windows xp pro.
Once I have one of the patching programs installed do I just type
"svn add file"
Without the quotes. And where do I type this is there a program window
or do I type it in a dos window?

After the svn add file
line then should I type the file name after svn add file with the file
extension?
Sorry about all the questions here. Is what I am saying about the svn
add file a bit right or am I totally wrong.
Daniel