Subject: Re: Google's Summer of Code

Re: Google's Summer of Code

From: <bascule.42274062_at_bloglines.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2007 09:03:55 -0000

> It sounds like a ton of fun to me, and although the majority of the proposed
SoC projects are way over my head (playback rewriting, USBOTG, etc.), I'd
love to participate in anything I was able to
> What do you think? Could/should
I apply to become a mentor under these conditions
> I'm a little uncertain
as to how serious of a Rockbox hacker you have to be
> to do this stuff.
:)

If you feel you can contribute, I would just stand forward and put your
name down. If you look on it as a learning experience for you personally,
as well as contributing to the overall Rockbox effort, then everyone gains
something. What most projects (and especially FOSS ones) need is people's
time, enthusiasm and committment more than pre-existing hard skills.