Subject: Re: Optimizing plugin-shutdowns using threads

Re: Optimizing plugin-shutdowns using threads

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:16:19 +1100

On 18/03/07, Timo Horstschäfer <> wrote:
> Jonas Hellesøe Nielsen wrote:
> > But is such a buffer hard to implement in the plugin API? I think it would
> > be cool to implement it as a seperate function, with a name which indicated
> > that it _didn't_ locked.
> I suggest adding an additional buffer to ata_write_sectors as it wouldn't
> change the API and is independent from plugins.
> --
> Timo Horstschäfer
The buffer wouldnt be hard to implement, but pointless... The way its
done now it means that not extra buffer is needed, and we can do more
than just a simple write to a sector/file/whatever when needed.. With
a buffer, only 1 (or a few) writes could be queued and there would be
a articifial limit on the amount of data that could be dumped