Subject: Re: WPS tokenizer

Re: WPS tokenizer

From: Greg Haerr <greg_at_censoft.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:45:44 -0600

> WPSes included with Rockbox could be provided pre-parsed, with the
> core having the ability to load parsed WPSes, while unparsed WPSes go
> throug the parser plugin first (which could I suppose store the
> current WPS as a temporary file, to be used upon reboots)?

> Offloading the parsing to a plugin doesn't necesserally imply having the
WPSes
saved as preparsed files. The parser plugin could write its output directly
to the memory. Having preparsed files could be a plus, but it's not quite
what I was mentioning in my mail.

I think the issue raised was being able to use the distributed WPSes
without having to have Rockbox installed with [any] plugins. Thus
the existing core functionality, including the distributed WPSes
would still work without any plugins. If the user wanted to
customize a WPS, then the plugin would need to be present.

Are there folks using Rockbox without any plugins, even those built
automatically and installed with the distribution?

Regards,

Greg