Subject: Re: Pool to help develop power management on ipods

Re: Pool to help develop power management on ipods

From: Marc MERLIN <marc_rbox_at_merlins.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:19:37 -0700

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 08:11:26PM -0500, Paul Louden wrote:
> If you're going to pool it, why not pool it in solving the big
> problem, whatever it may be. It's very likely that there's on single
> problem which is causing most of the battery life problem.

This all sounds reasonable.

I'm personally more than happy to give the money to someone well known and
involved in the rockbox community, and who will not be a recipient (that
way, no conflict of interest problems). I'd also be happy to trust that
volunteer to make the right call about distributing the money to people who
deserve it (and no, I'm not hung up on 90%, I was just giving an example).

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/