Subject: Re: Pool to help develop power management on ipods

Re: Pool to help develop power management on ipods

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:53:11 +1100

On 22/03/07, Marc MERLIN <marc_rbox_at_merlins.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 08:11:26PM -0500, Paul Louden wrote:
> > If you're going to pool it, why not pool it in solving the big
> > problem, whatever it may be. It's very likely that there's on single
> > problem which is causing most of the battery life problem.
>
> This all sounds reasonable.
>
> I'm personally more than happy to give the money to someone well known and
> involved in the rockbox community, and who will not be a recipient (that
> way, no conflict of interest problems). I'd also be happy to trust that
> volunteer to make the right call about distributing the money to people who
> deserve it (and no, I'm not hung up on 90%, I was just giving an example).

There isnt really any point getting a pool for this problem to be
fixed... the problem is we dont know the hardware and there isnt any
documentation for it, so unless someone comes along with docs or has a
wild guess that happens to be right, this wont be fixed....

That said, there is a link on the left of the roclbox website where
you can make donations