Subject: last points before loadable icons can be commited

last points before loadable icons can be commited

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:50:30 +1000

hey all,
OK, well there was some discussion in IRC about how its not really the
best place to talk about patches because people are not always there,
and so we should use the ml more... So here is my attempt to get this
list moving again.

Firstly, does anyone (well... committers really) object to the patch ? (FS#7013)

now, the thing stopping me committing it is we haven't decided how to
handle the default set of icons for the viewers.
The way (i think) I'd like it done is to move the icon setting out of
viewers.config and leave it completely up to themers to choose which
icon is used by which plugin. (so if we do this, we have to supply a
config file for the default set, which is fine by me)

The other point is how do we supply the actual viewers bmp? do we just
use one of the build scripts to put a [remote_]viewers.bmp file (and
[remote_]viewers.icons file) in the /.rockbox/icons folder? and if so,
do we use or (not that it really matters...