Subject: "Estimated Runtime" feature.

"Estimated Runtime" feature.

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:36:23 -0500

How many people think this feature is worth keeping?

I was talking in IRC, and I realized it's a fairly "weak" feature.
With all the various codecs music can be played with, and the
conditions under which it can be played, for the vast majority of
people the runtime is, if anything, misleading.

As well, it leaves an option in our menu, the battery capacity, that
confuses many users.

I would like to suggest that this feature could be trimmed. I imagine
it's a minimal gain for removal, but it does also remove some
confusion.

But, I also know that I don't use the feature, and perhaps other
people feel differently about it. So, what say you: Any fans of it? Is
it useful and I'm just too thick to see it (very possible)?