Subject: RE: "Estimated Runtime" feature.

RE: "Estimated Runtime" feature.

From: Zakk <midkay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:50:06 -0700

I'm in agreement, actually.

Runtime was great for the Archos when that was all we supported. Battery capacity made sense (AA NiMH batteries) and there was only MP3 playback.

Now we support like 20 targets with different capacity/type batteries, many are proprietary so "battery capacity" is confusing. Plus all the different codecs and buffer sizes... and it is always way off on my iPod 5G (hours over what it should be).

I think its time has come and gone.

-- Zakk (midkay_at_gmail.com)