Subject: Re: "Estimated Runtime" feature.

Re: "Estimated Runtime" feature.

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:38:06 +0200

Paul Louden wrote:
> How many people think this feature is worth keeping?
>
> I was talking in IRC, and I realized it's a fairly "weak" feature.
> With all the various codecs music can be played with, and the
> conditions under which it can be played, for the vast majority of
> people the runtime is, if anything, misleading.

I agree. I wouldn't mind removing it. However, the battery capacity is
still used to calculate the battery level, isn't it?

> As well, it leaves an option in our menu, the battery capacity, that
> confuses many users.

IIRC, that option is still necessary for the Archos Recorder V1, since
the battery capacity is used in the charging algorithm.

It could be removed for all other platforms.

Linus