Subject: Re: "Estimated Runtime" feature.

Re: "Estimated Runtime" feature.

From: Simon M. <>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:39:12 +0200

I like the runtime display in WPS a lot. I don't think it should be
removed. It wouldn't reduce code size on the relavant targets, being
essential for the archos.
Even if the runtime is not very accurate, it gives me a feeling about
how much time is left in the worst case.

This feature has been in Rockbox for a long time and I think that
there are quite a few people like me using it.

If people find a single menu item confusing, then there is the manual,
you point to that in many other cases, too.

When I first put Rockbox on my player and browsed the menus, I saw the
battery item, turned my player around, saw that the right value was
set and never entered it again. The only confusion I had was why this
was the first item in "System"