Subject: Re: "Estimated Runtime" feature.

Re: "Estimated Runtime" feature.

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:10:28 +0100 (BST)

Simon M. wrote:
> I like the runtime display in WPS a lot. I don't think it should be
> removed. It wouldn't reduce code size on the relavant targets, being
> essential for the archos.
> Even if the runtime is not very accurate, it gives me a feeling about
> how much time is left in the worst case.
>
> This feature has been in Rockbox for a long time and I think that
> there are quite a few people like me using it.

Hate to say this on a mailing list ( :-) ), but ...

I agree totally with Simon. Please keep the feature. A reasonable but not
100% accurate ballpark figure is much better than nothing at all.

Also, the countdown to charging complete is also very useful.
--
Mike Holden
http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted