Subject: Make chessbox store game history

Make chessbox store game history

From: Mauricio Peccorini <mpeccorini_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 09:06:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

  I'm working in an enhancement to chessbox so it would store the game history in a text file (in PGN format). So far, I've made it store it in a very basic format taken from the information already available from the plugin variables. I already have everything I need to make the change to PGN format (except time :( ). However, since engine moves are selected/executed inside GNU Chess code, I have been forced to modify the prototype (and code) of the SelectMove function inside gnuchess.c so it returns a string with information about the move it executed.

  Before making a huge mess out of this code, I'd like to know if everyone is ok with people modifying that file. Unfortunately I don't see any other way of pulling this feature off.

  Regards,

Mauricio