Subject: Rendering hints in (R)WPS for flashing/shades on iHP1x0

Rendering hints in (R)WPS for flashing/shades on iHP1x0

From: Paul LeoNerd Evans <leonerd-rockbox_at_leonerd.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:29:49 +0100

I've been playing around with (R)WPS files for a while, and come up with
an idea for what I don't think is currently possible - flashing or shaded
text. This is useful for the "obvious" look-and-feel when paused - most
players will use flashing text for the time display, or the word "pause",
or some other indication. Otherwise, the screen might look entirely
static, and lead the user to suspect the player has crashed. (I've done
this more than once :) )

What I was thinking, would be some tags to set these rendering hints,
thusly:

  %gfThis text is flashing%gnThis text is normal
  %g0This is %g1in various %g2shades of %g3darkness
  %grThis is reversed

Or something like that. Maybe find a way to make it more symmetric with
respect to setting foreground/background shades.

I'm fairly competent with C coding, though I've not done any
rockbox-specific development work as yet. But I'd be willing to give it a
go, if someone were to tell me roughly where in the code I ought to look
to implement this...

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
leonerd_at_leonerd.org.uk