Subject: Re: Towards restructured manual

Re: Towards restructured manual

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:20:54 +0200

It's already been a while, but I always wanted to reply on this topic, so ...

On 5/2/07, Martin Arver <martin.arver_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we can simplify certain parts of the manual, and move stuff around.
> For one, i think the "root menu" could be described as early as in the
> quick start chapter with pointers to in-depth descriptions of the
> different parts (Files, Database etc).

I agree, but we shouldn't call it "root" menu at any stage, as it has
been agreed to consider it as the new main menu. A real root menu
would behave a bit different ...

> So, a little feedback and ideas would be great at this stage. Like,
> what to do with Radio, Recording etc.

I like that way too. We could have separate chapters for Radio,
Recording etc. The only drawback is the fact that the manual chapter
numbers will then vary between the targets, and as users tend to name
only the section number instead of its name this might cause some
misunderstandings. Not sure if that is too much a concern though.

 - Dominik