Subject: Re: Towards restructured manual

Re: Towards restructured manual

From: Martin Arver <>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:37:50 +0200

On 5/10/07, Jerry Van Baren wrote:
> ...or you have a "not supported" chapter for the units that don't
> support a particular feature. In the above example, for a unit
> incapable of recording, Chapter 5 would become:
> Chapter 5 Recording
> Sorry, recording is not supported by the hardware.

Do you think we should use this approach for all features not
supported by a certain target? Like sw/hw-codec stuff, color display
possibilities or whatever. I mean, where should we draw the line on
what to include, and what to mark as 'Sorry X is not supported'? The
easiest is to follow the rockbox source code approach and use our own
latex ifdefs (\opt).