Subject: Re: Sansa radio driver (AS5314 help

Re: Sansa radio driver (AS5314 help

From: Ivan Zupan <>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 16:30:58 -0800

Some progress has been achieved. I can now barely make out a faint
channel when I set the gain for line1 in to max. Tuning to a station in
OF will stay tuned if you turn the player on to rockbox right away. I
have tried adjusting every single volume related register, but was not
able to make it louder. The LCD screen creates a heavy buzz when it is
on, but when it turns off there is no problem (the gain is the issue here).
I have uploaded some test code here:
Obviously not up to coding standards and such, but it will give people
an idea how to read/write from the tuner. I can verify that all the
read register function are correct. However, write may not (but I can't
verify it).
The datasheet for the tuner:
Is quite ambiguous in some sections, and sometimes contradicts the
register sheet:
If you read the tuning part, you will see why there is a bunch of
pseudocode in the file above, as I could not understand parts of it.

That's what I have so far.