Subject: Re: Button mappings for different targets for invoking the menu in a plugin?

Re: Button mappings for different targets for invoking the menu in a plugin?

From: Mauricio Peccorini <mpeccorini_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:41:57 +0000 (UTC)

I looked at several plugins and they use different mappings for the same action
sometimes. I was hoping this post in the mailing list would be a first step to
standardize that somehow.

Perhaps defining several generic COMMAND_* constants in plugin.h associated to
target specific button mappings for each target would solve this, but that would
require changing all the plugins to use such COMMAND_* constants.

Do you think this is wise or should we just go on choosing the *best* mappings
for each different plugin?