Subject: Donations for Devcon 2008

Donations for Devcon 2008

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:26:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends,

I just wanted to inform everyone that for 2008 we want to make an effort to
gather Rockbox hackers all over to a single unified international devcon.

In order for that to happen, we want to spend a large(r) amount of donated
money on subsidizing people's tickets to get as many devs as possible to come.

I think all users of Rockbox benefit from these developer conferences as they
boost developer motivation, they make us get to know each other better and
thus cooperate better and they're great opportunities to talk through subjects
and reach agreements/consensus on stuff that is really hard to do equally fine
over mail or IRC.

So if you never previously found a good enough reason to donate a little
something to the project, or if you simply agree that these events are good
for Rockbox, please consider paying a small sum to our paypal account.

This year, the Rockbox fund pays around 1300 USD for the devcons.