Subject: My server has problems to help in the build farm

My server has problems to help in the build farm

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 02:27:16 +0200

Hi all,
some might have noticed the ugly red blocks my server produced when
Bagder and I tried to add it to the server farm.
I am a bit helpless at this moment, since I (or even we) really don't
know where the problem is:
The server gets a job, starts tools/configure, which aborts due to an
invalid input on the first question. Then make fails, and my server is
done with that job in 0 seconds :(
configure does echo the input, in all manners, I tried several things.
The buildlog (although it's in html now) does not show any input.

When I su to the user rbclient, I can easily configure every target
and build it. Every other prerequisite seems checked, since we tried
and failed twice.

If I remember correctly, even Bagder logged in remotely via ssh rsa
and did a test build himself.

Me not beeing so linux-savvy is thinking, it could be something done
different in ubuntu 7.04

Anybody else running a rockbox build farm server on ubuntu ?
Anybody else ideas or directions on things to check ?

I could try to link sh to bash instead of dash, but I'm afraid there
is no difference. And then, I can't check it on my own.

I'm currently having a closer look to configure:
could it be that the 'EOF' sent to 'cat' is coming back through 'read' ?

Thanks for any directions, lImbus