Subject: RE: Proposal - Rockbox Maintainers

RE: Proposal - Rockbox Maintainers

From: Tyler Wood <the_conman283_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:04:09 -0500

Hello,

I think this is a great idea!

I'd be happy to work on something, although I'm not very great (but willing
to learn) programming languages and such. I'm blind so I may be able to help
with the blind access part of things, however I think that's pretty much
under control-and, imho, needs no further improvements. In general, though,
I'd be happy to work on rockbox- I've got a ipod video which I use daily and
would be happy to do something - although I have no clue about it weather
it be reporting buggs in new added features and such. I'd love to see a
minor changes or some such - a daily log of what has been improved, as I see
no point in updating as I don't see a what'snew for this build etc. and a
maintained list of what needs improvement and how urgent it is would
probably be helpful - I don't remember seeing it anywhere?.

Just my two cense

Actually, I'm thinking of taking computer programming - or something to do
with computers- up as a career but I have no idea what you have to do to
work on rockbox, weather it be taking the player apart or working on the
computer, if there're anybody who would like to teach me or help me
understand, I'd be happy to talk about it- preferably over msn or aim,
however, I don't have an aim acount yet - but if you need me to, I can get
one.

the_conman283_at_hotmail.com

Is my msn messinger address. I absolutely love rockbox- its great and
sure,it needs improvement- but when do you find a free solution to most (if
not all) our problems - for me, the big thing was the speech. Imho there's
no improvement needed there, but as I said I'd be happy to work on the code
and such if it would help. What programming language do you use- what
programs are required to work on it and are there any blind individuals
working on the code or anything? If so, please, give me a shout, I'm very
willing to work on it and I need something to do over the summer
holidays(and for life- or as long as you need me rofl) and, at least I
think, it would help me learn more about programming- this is what I think
I'll have to be doing to work on the code, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've been rambling on for pages, it feels like, soI'll stop hear. I'm not
sure if this is the place to do so- but I just shot some oppinions out there
and I know, I keep repeating myself- but I'm more than willing to help and
learn.

thanks,
- Tyler

Fight Allergies With Live Search