Subject: cygwin packages instalation with jaws and a few other questions

cygwin packages instalation with jaws and a few other questions

From: Tyler W <the_conman283_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:51:48 -0500

Hello,

I've been trying to instal cygwin to compile patches and such, however, I'm
having a slight problem.
WhenI go to try and select various packages, i can't find the listbox, condo
box- or anything else that says to select a package- so I searched on the
mailing list and found something about graphics labeling. I've no experience
with this, so if there's any blind users using cygwin that were able to
select the various packages with jaws required to compile and such, I"D
appreciate it. I've got a lot of patches that sound very interesting,
including the patch in which remaining battery time is spoken along with
buffer size, and another one to have remaining playlist time, average
bitrate, and so on and so forth- time of the currently playing track etc.
Could these be implemented into rockbox itself? It certainly would help me,
I'm not sure about other users, though, I should sayI'd love to have
remaining battery time spoken to me, if only to make me feel a little more
in control and to know what the limmits of my player are, (ipod video),
currently I've always had it plugged in when possible. another thing, the
voicing of splash screens. For some things, I feel as though I'm in the
dark, so to speak, for example, asking if I want to place a bookmark on stop
would be virtually impossible as the speech doesn't ask when I stop
playback, so I'm not sure what I would do and if I'd accedently say no or
yes without meaning to, etc. Another thing I'm a little irritated about is
the graphical eq, because I cant control anything and the hardware eq sucks
as its harder to set and it usually, if not always, distorts playback. I
know this isn't any fault of rockbox, I can't expect speech to be able to
speak graphics, however I wish there could be an alternitive to this. Would
any of this be possible, before I go put a feature request in? A few other
things I'd like to see improved:

- recently, I've been seeing the scroll wheel on the ipod video getting a
little too sensitive for my liking. I wish there was some sort of setting
(no idea how I'd go about setting it) that could allow us to choose how
sensitive the wheel could be, weather it be weak to very strong to moderate
or a percentage of accelleration or sensitivity, which I doubt could be
accomplished.
- I keep accedently hitting "record" with no idea how to get out of it, I
don't know why the ipod as recording, anyway- is it even remotely possible?
If IT IS COULD WE HAVE A SETTING TO ENABLE OR DISABLE IT? Yes, I know, this
is probably a very stupid thing to be asking for- personal oppinion, if you
will. Sorry about all these caps and non-caps, my caps lok key seems to have
a mind of its own.
- could more letters on the virtual keyboard b spoken, particularely
numbers, commas, periods, perenthisis and brackets, and :. I doubt anything
else needs to be there- at least, not for me, and I doubt we'll be using
most of those symbols anyway.
- instead of just "music", could we have a particular file view for each
type-, for example, wma files, mp3 files or ogg files. (maybe a submenu of
music which could include all, .aiph etc etc, in alphebetical order?) But,
that could pose a problem as some people may want more than one filetype. I
don't know, these are just suggestions which I guess, when I get off this
dialup, I'll send to flyspray. I just thought I'd get them out there.

Any thoughts on this matter?

Sorry about this- I know I went way off topic of this question.

- Tyler

Put Your Face In Your Space with Windows Live Spaces
http://spaces.live.com/?mkt=en-ca