Subject: Re: rbutil-qt, compile options

Re: rbutil-qt, compile options

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 00:52:38 +0200

On 7/30/07, B. Keroack <mutualaid_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Running Gentoo Linux, I've so far been unable to compile and test
> rbutilqt I think because of the dependence on accessibility/debug
> features in Qt. Gentoo's qt builds with these disabled by default. I
> could rebuild qt with these flags but it probably would be better for
> rbutilqt to make these features optional.

Well, Rockbox has quite a few users that are blind. For those users we
most probably want to use these additional features. Right now we
don't use it too much and I haven't figured out completely how much
assistence for screen readers can be achieved by which options.

During commit r14077 (see
http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/rbutil/rbutilqt/rbutilqtfrm.ui?r1=14076&r2=14077
) I unintentionally had some of these properties set. As this is in a
ui file (which is xml itself) you could easily just remove the
affected lines. OTOH, as your Qt is built without accessibility
support IMO Qt's uic should be able handling this by ignoring these
properties in the ui files. I.e. currently this is a uic issue, not an
issue of rbutilqt itself. Which version of Qt are you running? I
assume 4.3.0?

Once the application has been built there is no requirement for the
accessibility plugin, if it's not present the application just runs
without accessibility support.

 - Dominik