Subject: Re: New port, question about hidden partitions

Re: New port, question about hidden partitions

From: Jacob Rau <>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:16:56 -0400

Thanks all. I will try and disassemble the player more later today.

I cannot see any place online where firmware files are available--this might
mean bad news for me. I suppose there is probably a way to re-write the
chip, even if it isn't inside the player. I might acquire another Yukai,
possibly a broken one, to try to dump the firmware off that chip. I'm not
quite sure what is involved; I haven't been able to find the datasheet for
it yet.

Where is a good source for datasheets? Should I be trying the manufacturer
first? I've just been Googling like mad.

Thanks again,